question

pavlos2 avatar image
pavlos2 asked

Multiplus compact 12/2000/80 board failure

victron-1.jpg

We need help to repair or find a spare board that shorted out the Microprocessor after a voltage drop in the external 220v input.

Multiplus-II
victron-1.jpg (245.7 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@PAVLOS2

After checking your setup and making sure there are not causes on site making an issue, then usually you go back to the seller or distributor it was purchased from first. They should help with spares and repairs.

If there is an issue with contacting them, then you can use the online support page.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pavlos2 avatar image
pavlos2 answered ·

The unit is powering a freezer on a van that was imported a month ago from Germany, we dont know who installed or where it was purchased from.So what I need is a source to get a new board in Europe.Service in our country told us that this pcb is not available.

1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@PAVLOS2

The steps needed are outlined on the page for support I linked above.

1. Check the installation against the manuals to verify it was installed correctly.

2. Perform the system check - there is a list of things to check there.

3. Is usually contact distributor - but since you don't know the history move to the next link.

Use the online support page. When you put the serial number it will be tracked to its origin for you.

Fill out the form in as much detail as possible, for example under description of problem - using the answer "part not working" is not really helpful. It will be easy to do if you have done the system check and made sure it was installed correctly.

For example if you have incorrect voltage on the AC output when inverting then that is the description of the problem. Does it also happen if it connected to shore power? If it followed another even then mention that as well.

If it is far away then there will likely be another solution offered to you. But there will be no one who can help you here directly here on the forum.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

That unit is almost 9 years old and has the old small microprocessor. I don't think there are any spare parts available for that old unit, at last not officially.

I think you can only try to find something used on ebay.

2 |3000