question

drburkstrom avatar image
drburkstrom asked

DBus_mqtt not all services available

I'm relatively new to MQTT, never had to use it before. But wanted to get some information about my solar charger and inverter out. I'm running VenusOS 2.84 on a RaspberryPi, Multiplus Inverter connected via MK3 interface, SmartSolar 150|35 connected via VE.Direct USB interface. If I ssh into the Pi and run dbus_spy I get this:

screenshot-2022-03-06-at-162120.png

But connecting to the MQTT broker shows this:

screenshot-2022-03-06-at-162212.png

Vebus, system, settings, are all available, but not the solarcharger.

Is this expected behaviour? What can I do to get the solar charger info directly? I want to get the panel voltage and the charger state (Bulk/Abs/Float) - is this possible?

Thanks!

Martin

MPPT ControllersVenus OSRaspberry PiMQTT
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi,

Are you aware of the the part about the keep-alive on the following page: https://github.com/victronenergy/dbus-mqtt/blob/master/README.md ?

Without the general keep-alive or a keep-alive specifically for the solar topics, venus will not publish to these topics.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

drburkstrom avatar image
drburkstrom answered ·

I was sure that didn't work before, but I've just got back to the installation and it has. So I must have been doing something wrong before! Thanks for your help.

2 |3000