question

perculier avatar image
perculier asked

Motorhome system mppt 75/15 not starting up daily until rebooting

200w panel on motorhome into Victron 75/15 feeding 3x95a agm batteries

No output until I reboot the system and then it will work happily until sunset but fails to start up next day

All to be ok until last firmware update

Before reboot

d9430763-d76a-4d66-84ff-1dee47c7ae09.png

After reboot

43d9cb63-eae2-427a-879b-fa79ab7b4a48.png

smart solar set-up help
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Thierry Cortassa (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Thierry Cortassa (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

hello

in the first screen shot, the voltage is not enought hight to sart the mppt (you need +5 V above battery voltage)

when you reset, may be the pv voltage was a litle more higher so enouth to start !

each time i see this it was a pv problem !

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

perculier avatar image
perculier answered ·

Thank you for your reply

Today was the same experience, no o/p at 16.63v until I rebooted the system and then ok.

The battery was 12.79v so again there was no 5v difference to start up automaticall.

The off load panel voltage was 22.5v incidentally

There doesn’t seem to be much I can do other than waiting for the battery to drop in voltage or the sun to shine stronger, (something that seldom happens in the uk at this time of the year)

it has been suggested I consider an additional pv panel in series to double the voltage!

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic