question

ghostrider avatar image
ghostrider asked

IP67 Blue Smart Charger Dead?

I installed 2 IP67 Blue Smart Chargers (12v/25a) about 3 months ago. They are located outside under the trailer they are feeding. The plugs were removed to be hardwired into 120v. The connections were done in waterproof enclosures.

They worked great while parked for a few weeks, then were used for 3 road trips. One was a little wet and the other trip in heavy winter conditions (very wet, salted/sanded roads).

Not long after the winter trip, I noticed that the trailer was only running on batt even though plugged in. Checked the units and sure enough, no lights. I assumed it was a 120v supply issue so I traced the 120v line and its fine all the way to the units. Still no lights and they dont pop up on bluetooth...

Are these units dead? Did they both die at the same time? I assumed IP67 was strong enough to handle being mounted under a vehicle on the road, but maybe I over-expected on the waterproofness?

I dont know of anything to troubleshoot other than unplug (turn of 120v breaker) & plug back in, but that doesn't do anything. Should I try disconnecting 12v also? Does 12v power the unit?

charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic