question

simonmillz avatar image
simonmillz asked

Quattro 48/15000 constantly frequency shifting

The quattro day or night, will every minute sometimes twice or three times, raise frequency up to 53hz, for a second or so, then drop to 50hz. However this stops the AC coupled PV inverter connecting to the quattro. This happens day or night and with the battery at any level even as low as 50 SOC. Have the latest Firmware for the quattro installed. I am running PV inverter assistant. Works perfectly when I have grid on ac 2 connected as the frequency stays at 50 hz. any solutions or work arounds. PV inverter assistant is set to start decreasing power at 50.2 through to 51.7 and disconnect at 52hz.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·

More Info is needed re setup and copies of the assistant setup

also what BMS is being used and how is it connected

and whats on AC1 in and AC2 in and how they are being used

I know you say you are on the latest FW but please tell us the fw number

what type of GX unit is connected and what FW is it on

0 Likes 0 ·
simonmillz avatar image simonmillz Paul B commented ·

ac1 is a generator

ac 2 is the grid and is controlled by the generator start/stop on raspberry pi venus, either manually or with conditions and works fine.

attached is pic's of Firmware etc, and ve config of inverter which should answer your questions. Thanks again

firmware.jpg

conf1.jpg

conf2.jpg

conf3.jpg

conf4.jpg

conf5.jpg

conf6.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·

GX is a Raspberry pi 3 venus see usb connection to inverter and bmv712

1646471207802.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1646471207802.png (464.6 KiB)

also turned grid off between 10 and 3pm approx would let ac coupled pv inverters join

1646471715048.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1646471715048.png (521.1 KiB)
3 Answers
simonmillz avatar image
simonmillz answered ·

ac1 is a generator

ac 2 is the grid and the is controled by the generator start stop on raspberry pi venus, either manually or with conditions and works fine.

attached is pic's of Firmware etc, and ve config of inverter which should answer your questions. Thanks again

firmware.jpg

conf1.jpg

conf2.jpg

conf3.jpg

conf4.jpg

conf5.jpg

conf6.jpg

conf1.jpg (236.7 KiB)
firmware.jpg (145.6 KiB)
conf2.jpg (222.2 KiB)
conf3.jpg (245.1 KiB)
conf4.jpg (242.7 KiB)
conf5.jpg (218.1 KiB)
conf6.jpg (163.9 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

This is where I need clarity or more info

1. ac1in is connected to the generator and when the generator is working the frequency moves up and down ?? if this is the case then the generator is is not sable as it controls the cycles/frequency at that point OR excess power is being exported into the generator and thus it over rev's

2 . or does it only happen when the generator is off

3. ac2 is connected it does not happen

so I see week AC is turn on this greatly reduces the charge rating - try turning UPS off and week AC off as well and see what happens I presume you are using week ac as the generator keeps de syncing.

if that is the case then for ac1 only and for testing only disable the LOM - and see if that stops the Gen from de-syncing if it does then turn UPS back on and see if the prom is also still resolved.

Some area to check anyway.

So help out more I would need to have full VRM access to look over things on the site

1 comment
2 |3000

simonmillz avatar image simonmillz commented ·

don't run the generator during the day when pv inverters are on, so this is not the issue. It happens when generator is off and ac2 is off. Having AC2 on is the only way I can currently get pv inverters to connect to quattro and provide power to the house. happy to give you vrm access. https://vrm.victronenergy.com/installation/101055/share/871cf9d6

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Hi Simon did you end up getting this sorted.

out of interest my system started doing this as well after a fw update from 506 to 508

however reverting to 506 did not stop the issue

after a few hrs of playing around to I have ended up moving the ESS assistant in my case to ne the last on the assistant list and this then stopped the frequency rolling up and down.

I also tried this with the PV assistant as well with the same result.

2 |3000