question

lewis avatar image
lewis asked

Password for CCGX

Hi is it possible to customize the password on the CCGX

CCGX Color Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @lewis,

which password you mean? There are two, one for the remote console (disable by default) and the one for the user/superuser.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

lewis avatar image
lewis answered ·

Its the user & installer, on the access level screen.

2 |3000

Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@lewis,

I've never tried this for user & installer, but as per the manual it seems to be possible. See also section 5.1 here: https://www.victronenergy.de/upload/documents/Manual-Color-Control-GX-EN.pdf

Edit: seems I was wrong. The default password is hardcoded and any changes will revert to default. That's for user & installer. For root/superuser it can be changed to anything you want.

2 |3000

lewis avatar image
lewis answered ·

No problem do you know if this something that could be added, as it seems a bit pointless having a generic password that anybody can gain access to.

1 comment
2 |3000

I have no idea. It has been requested in the past but to no avail.

0 Likes 0 ·