question

oradba69 avatar image
oradba69 asked

Quattro 10kva with Honda eu65is not working.

Newbie user here and my installer is comming to check out system next week but i like to know what is happening with the system.

Fixed house install. AC1 is grid power and AC2 generator.

When I lose shore power and start the generator the following happens:

When I start the gen (not in eco mode) and switch the feed to the Quattro the quattro takes a few seconds make a loud clipping noise and switches the inverter side of the quattro off. All the power from the generator is then used to charge the battery without any power coming out at ac out.

We have played around with some settings (ups off, LOM disable,charge current limit, powerassist off) but cant get the generator to both feed the ac out and charge the battery at the same time.

Please assist?

Generator
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

oradba69 avatar image oradba69 commented ·

Screenshots of my current setup.

img-9213.jpg

img-9214.jpg

img-9215.jpg

img-9216.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
img-9213.jpg (97.5 KiB)
img-9214.jpg (97.1 KiB)
img-9215.jpg (104.2 KiB)
img-9216.jpg (90.4 KiB)
3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@oradba69

The generator is a bit small for the inverter. So check the overruled by remote on the General page

Then using the GX device and start at a lower input current limit, like about 8A. If it accepts it there, work your way up to the 16A.

16A x 230V is 3680W it may be with derating for altitude etc and your Honda cant take the load, the waveform is distorting.

6 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

If your AC loads disconnected makes the Generator accept then it is possible there is something on that side messing with things.

Power assist or Dynamic current limit should help with that if your batteries weren't too low.

There is a Generator FAQ page with more suggestions.

0 Likes 0 ·
oradba69 avatar image oradba69 Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Thanks a lot for your answers, willtry your suggestions and report back. I am not 100% clear about the 'overruled by remote' setting. My current remote settings related to current.

sertting1.jpg

setting2.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
sertting1.jpg (69.3 KiB)
setting2.jpg (60.1 KiB)
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ oradba69 commented ·
@oradba69

On the general tab when you are using VE config check the box for overruled by remote on the generator input.

Then in the GX the input current limit under the Quattro menu (second picture in your reply will be editable through the GX) and you can choose a lower figure there.

0 Likes 0 ·

Thanks a lot. Will then start the Input current limit lower on the GX. (That wont limit my DC input?)

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ oradba69 commented ·
It will depend on your loads at the time. You can work it up a few amps at a time to find the happy spot.
0 Likes 0 ·
Just a note on the overruled by remote tick box. I ticked it on the generator input in ve.config but not on grid power, but then on GX side it still did not allow me to change the Amps. It only allowed me to do the amps after I ticked the box on the grid side as well.
0 Likes 0 ·
oradba69 avatar image
oradba69 answered ·

OK still no joy. Please have a look at the pictures. In the first one you can see grid power coming in and the generator has not been started. In second picture I switch from grid to generator and in that 10-15 seconds the quattro is still inverting. I hear a loud click and the mains light comes on, on the quattro but it stops inverting. All the power from the generator is then used for charging the batteries. The AC load never goes above 1kw during this test.

2 |3000

oradba69 avatar image
oradba69 answered ·

screenshots here:

img-1398.jpeg

img-1399.jpeg

img-1400.jpeg

img-1398.jpeg (49.8 KiB)
img-1399.jpeg (48.7 KiB)
img-1400.jpeg (49.1 KiB)
2 |3000