question

goose avatar image
goose asked

Old small chipset or new large chipset

Good day!

I am looking to buy a used (well technically still sealed in a box) Victron, and would like to confirm if the one I am looking at is the new bigger chip or the old smaller chip.

What I have is the serial numbers:
QUA481030010

and

HQ1927W7DLD

Is it possible to derive this from the above serial numbers alone?

If not, what will be the main concern if it is the old smaller chipset?

Thank you!

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

2019 week 27 is not that old, you still have around 2 years of warranty.

This unit will definitely have the new processor 2653 and a 400ish firmware installed.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

goose avatar image goose commented ·
Thank you very much! Was not even sure of the age of the unit...
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Goose

Your HQ1927W7DLD tells me your unit was manufactured in 2019 in week 27. So the unit is not that old. I started installing Victron in 2019.

To know your chipset number you need to open the unit and look on the chip inside. Look for a seven digit number (eg. 2654153) which you'll find printed on a sticker on the control board. Checking is it described more in the VE Flash page.

You will be able to update to the latest firmware. How you do that whether it is VE flash, VRM or Victron connect depends on the version of firmware loaded onto there. It may have been updated since factory though.

As for the small and large part, I have no idea the difference. I always thought it was age/on older units so less capable on more complex assistants, but I could be corrected. This will not be an issue for you though.

2 |3000