question

abelisto avatar image
abelisto asked

Multiplus II not repairable nor reliable

Hello,

Is it true that Multiplus II is not as reliable as the Multiplus?

I heard this from an installer who also mentioned that the Multiplus II has a single circuit board that makes the units not repair friendly as the Multiplus.

Can these assumptions be cleared?

Thanks,

Abel

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Abelisto

If the units are installed correctly and used within their capabilities then there won't be issues. If there are issues not caused by user or installer error, they are fully covered in warranty.

As for repairability, a Fet bridge that is killed, whether in a Multi or Multi 2 is expensive And usually means total replacement of all Fets anyway. (This is true of pretty much all brands of inverters). So from that side of things also would be board replacement. And other than transformers is probably the most expensive parts since there are quite a few in the unit.

The build concepts are pretty much the same in the two units. Build material for the case is different and the new safety/compliance added relays are different. And the surge/overload handling are different (multi 2 has less of an ability to sustain a large overload so sizing for peaks is more important, as are most inverters that are built like them).

I have used both and can say I am partial to the older units, but then we dont have strict rules for grid connection and compliance, so we have that choice open to us.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
FYI

https://youtu.be/UPfUn5ki7OM. A detailed explanation of how a Multiplus works.

0 Likes 0 ·