question

sfidler avatar image
sfidler asked

Multiplus 24/3000/70-50 120v not charging.

New installation of Multiplus 24/3000/70-50 120v updated today with latest firmware.
2 x 12V 300Ah LiFePO4 batteries in series

I have confirmed AC power at the AC in Multiplus connections.
When in charge only, the front panel Mains On LED is flashing. (Tools says it's "Mains checking" or "Mains rejection")
The VRM Dashboard shows no AC Input but the Advanced Widgets show incoming AC at acceptable levels.

Why will my inverter/charger not charge?

dashboard.jpg

advanced.jpg

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
dashboard.jpg (66.5 KiB)
advanced.jpg (129.7 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
AC voltage looks like it is a bit high. What are the input voltages set to allow connection/passthrough?

0 Likes 0 ·
sfidler avatar image sfidler klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
That's my residential grid voltage. Although it may be a little high, my AC high disconnect is set to 140V so this shouldn't be the problem.
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
sfidler avatar image
sfidler answered ·

I found my problem.

I had a conditional AC input established.

I have solar panels and would prefer to capture PV power before using shore power so I established an AC condition so the AC charger would not turn on until the battery SOC dropped to 30%. Since the batteries are also new and a full charge synch has not occurred yet, the BMV702 assumed they were at 100% SOC so the Multiplus would not turn on. Once the conditional AC was turned off, the Multiplus charger turned on.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.