question

Harry Kerrison avatar image
Harry Kerrison asked

not showing current IP67 12/25

Hi

my IP67 12/25 Smart charger is only displaying voltage when trying to charge my 2 x 120ah batteries. Current is displayed as 0.0A.

Harry

battery charging
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Harry.
Is there actually any current flowing into the battery? Are you able to check with an Ammeter?
Just one step to diagnose, if there is no current flowing then perhaps the Smart Charger is indeed faithfully reporting this.

0 Likes 0 ·
Harry Kerrison avatar image Harry Kerrison wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

Hi

After posting, I disconnected the charger and left it connected to power and no reading on my multimeter... I tried it on a smaller seperate battery and again nothing. So the power light is green amd the yellow light flashes and charger moves through the charging process. I've always thought it charging. I dont use it much as I have the batteries charging via the alternator as well (when driving) and solar when campting.

I wonder if I have a dud one??

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

If it is cycling through the stages of charging then surely current must be flowing. It should be displaying the current in the App.
I'm afraid it seems possible that you have a duff unit.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic