question

spacemanspiffnf avatar image
spacemanspiffnf asked

Newly Installed BMV-712 screen cycling on/off, Not Working bt200

I installed a BMV-712 battery monitor today. It started up fine, I set the batt capacity & aux input setting (temp). At that point the monitor was rotating through it's readings (normal). I have it connected to (2) 100Ah Battleborn Lithium-Ion batteries in parallel. I download the VictronConnect App so I could set up my settings for them. The app required updating app's Bluetooth interface firmware to V2.37. It failed several times (even though phone was directly next to display). Finally it made it to 100% and updated. Next it required updating the the battery monitor firmware to V4.08 (can't remember what it's current firmware level was, but it was less than V4.08). I believe it made to 100% and then I was able to access the monitoring/settings from the app. Before I could make any changes though, it disconnected, and the monitor started cycling on and off. "Off" for less than a second, then "On" where I can briefly see the battery voltage for less than as second and then off again. I'm unable to Bluetooth connect when it's like this. If I press the setup/select buttons together, it stops cycling and displays bt200 (with a faint flicker of the screen). At this point I can Bluetooth connect. It the states that I have to update the battery monitor firmware to V4.08, and it's current firmware is NONE. Every time I try to update the firmware, it makes it to 90%, jumps to 93% and stops, and the battery monitor display starts cycling on and off again. The app eventually says update failed with D93 error code and then disconnects.

One time it let me get to the app's monitor/settings screen but everything was blanked out. Under the battery monitor's list firmware it was blank (with a note saying "This is the latest version!" It eventually kicked me back to the update firmware screen.

Shunt is correctly installed with battery side going direct to the negative terminal of the first battery, and the load side going to the grounded frame of the trailer.

I've tried the following:

- Unplugging the display for 15 minutes.

- Pulling the inline fuse for 15 minutes and the replacing (still good).

- Forgetting the Bluetooth pairing on the phone.

- Uninstalling and reinstalling the App.

The screen always goes back to flashing on and off.

*Also, whenever the monitor briefly displays the battery voltage when flashing, it incorrectly shows 7.58v vs the actual voltage of 13.29v

screenshot-20220226-140930.jpg

screenshot-20220226-141018.jpg

screenshot-20220226-140516.jpg

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

Please check the fuse and fuse holder. It should have an 1 amp fuse in it, not 50 ma as some units have been shipped with.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

spacemanspiffnf avatar image spacemanspiffnf commented ·

Hi Klim8skeptic,

T1AE250VP, 1A 250V Fuse (using an ASS000100000 Temp Sensor for BMV-702/712).

0 Likes 0 ·