question

chriss83 avatar image
chriss83 asked

ESS without AC In load

Hey,

I was wondering if there is a possibility to remove "AC load" from the remote console and VRM, or if I just configured something wrong.

2022-02-26-16-49-01-window.png

System is 3-phase MPII 5000/48 with EM24.

EM24 is configured as grid meter, ESS with external meter. Since there are no loads between the EVU grid meter, EM24 and AC In and all loads are on AC Out, it does not make much sense to display both values. More so, "AC load" occasionaly displays some values, but I think those are just measurement differences between EM24 and the multis.

Thanks in advance!

ESSem24
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
pedaaa avatar image
pedaaa answered ·

there is no need for the EM24 in this config?! Or do i get it wrong?!

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

chriss83 avatar image
chriss83 answered ·

There also is an openWB wallbox on AC Out which - as far as I know - needs a separate grid/energy meter in its own config to work properly, i.e. only using exess pv while also limiting feed in to the grid or having near zero feed in.

Documentation for this use case seems to be very limited.

2 |3000

Related Resources

What is ESS training video

ESS Quick Installation Guide

ESS design and installation manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic