question

robvossen avatar image
robvossen asked

Bmv702 display does not work

Hi all,

we are installing a bmv702 in a handbuild camper. During installation we took the rj12 connector of the wire which i attached recently back again. After connecting all the stuff the display seems to be not functional. I measuren pin 1 and 6 which gives 3v.

Today i got a new official cable to make sure the issue is not the cable or new connector. Unfortunately with the new cable the display won’t turn on.

what options can i check or does somebody know what issues i can have.

i guess you need more info so please let me know what you want to know?

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

With the cable disconnected from the BMV unit, you should only measure battery Voltage levels on the pins. 3V suggests something else has a bad connection.
Start with the little red wire connecting from battery + to the shunt. Also check the inline fuse on that wire too.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

robvossen avatar image robvossen commented ·

@WKirby problem solved! The fuse was part of the issue and there was a negative connection to the ground before the shunt. (Not sure if I explain it correct).

anyway display is working now so thank you for your help!!

0 Likes 0 ·