question

sesshoumaru avatar image
sesshoumaru asked

Quattro II wiring of AC-1-out

I am wiring my new Quattro II units at the moment and as every good installer I am checking the wiring thoroughly after each step. The AC-1-in of the Quattro II behaved as expected, but when checkg AC-1-out I am observing an odd behavior.

When I am measuring the continuity between N and L then I get a positiv connection. I first thought there might be an issue with the wires, but even when I disconnected them from the Quattro's terminals I still got a connection between N and L. Neither of the other 3 terminas has this.

Is might be totally expected, but I still wanted to ask if this is right or wrong.
It feels wrong, but may be right.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

AC1-OUT1 is connected directly to the transformer winding, so you would measure a very low impedance across this winding.
AC-OUT2 has a relay in between, so it would measure open circuit with the Quattro off and the relay is open.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sesshoumaru avatar image sesshoumaru commented ·

After looking a bit longer at the diagrams, I think I understand it - yes, I totally forgot about the transformer coils and their impedance. Remebering that AC-2-out has a relay also helped - lol. My bad.

1 Like 1 ·
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

It's excellent you are being thorough but in this case I don't think there is a problem.

I believe the transformer inside the unit is connected directly to the AC-1 output so I would expect a low resistance between H and N. AC-2 output has a relay in it's path which would be open with the unit powered down.

2 |3000

haanwb20 avatar image
haanwb20 answered ·

Thanks for this as I have exactly the same behavior with Multiplus II on AC1 OUT. On AC2 OUT it doesn’t occur. As we run a 3 phase system it occurred on all 3 Multiplusses and then I was thinking it is no error. Again thanks and solved.

2 |3000