question

alda avatar image
alda asked

Few questions to Node red and Victron

I installed a Venus OS large on the Cerbo GX. All is working, but I want ask few questions :

1. From which where is better read data - as example batery data I can read from Battery but also from System

2. Is it possible make gauge two in one ? Like actual production and actual consumption in one gauge

3. Is it possible make a dynamic gauge min and max - means connect more inputs and somehow define what is used as minimum and what as maximum

Thank you.

Node-RED
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
gone-sailing avatar image
gone-sailing answered ·

Hi,

1) It depends on your system configuration, but if you have a BMV or a smart shunt use that for battery State of Charge. You paid extra to have a quality battery monitor so use it :-)

2 + 3) Which gauges are you referring to? VRM, NodeRed Dashboard or Signal-K? Probably best to add screen shots of what you are asking about.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

alda avatar image alda commented ·
to 2+3 - it's gauge for NodeRed Dashboard. Like SoC. When battery is full charged is gauge red and when is empty it's green.
0 Likes 0 ·