question

wayno avatar image
wayno asked

Run Orion-Tr Smart 12 I 12-30 dcdc and Solar MPPT 75 1 110 together

Gday all, I currently have the Victron Energy Orion-Tr Smart 12 I 12-30 isolated DCDC Charger in my Vehicle, charging a 100A/hr Deep Cycle Battery. I am now wanting to mount a Fixed Solar Panel of around 100W to 150W to my Roof rack on the vehicle. I just purchased the Victron Energy SmartSolar MPPT 75 I10 Solar Charge controller, and want to run both together. Do I just Bridge the 2 of them together somehow?, or run separate cables from each to my Battery?

Cheers

Wayne

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
gbzeke avatar image
gbzeke answered ·

I'm not sure what you mean by bridging, but you want to run separate wires of the appropriate size with fuses from each device, the DC charger and the solar charge controller, all the way to the battery. If you're somehow doubling up devices on the same wires, then the wire wouldn't be of sufficient size (gauge) if both happen to be sending power at the same time.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Make sure you configure the MPPT correctly for your battery as well. Probably best to make sure settings the same as the Orion.

2 |3000