question

J P avatar image
J P asked

Quattro 24/5000/120 wiring diagram

Is there a diagram showing the Quattro 24/5000/120 in a setup with no genny? I'm using a Lynx Distributor 1000 with a 24v battery bank, an Orion 24/12 DC to DC converter and 2400w of solar on the roof of our RV. I have 2 6 panel arrays each wired in series parallel running on 2 Smart MPPT 250/60 SCCs. Also using a Cerbo GX.

I have breakers between the panels and the SCCs, a fully fused Lynx Distributor and a disconnect between the Distributor positive and the battery. Also using a Smart Shunt 500.

I'm really just trying to figure out a couple of things:

1. Is there any reason at all I would need a manual transfer switch in this RV system?

2. Do I need a breaker between the Quattro AC 1 in (which I'm using since I'm not using a genny) and shore?

Thx.

wiring diagram
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @J P

There's a bunch of schematics on the Victron website, which might be useful to see how others do it.. https://www.victronenergy.com/support-and-downloads/systems#item=system-multiplus

If you're only using one of the ACIN's, then you could also look at Multiplus examples.

#1. Probably not, but if you already have one in place then it could probably be used as an isolator.

#2. A good idea, even if not mandated. You may find most of the examples will show breakers.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

J P avatar image
J P answered ·

Thanks. I do not already have a MTS. Jared at All About RVs shows one in a system he built that allows you not to lose power to all circuits when switching between shore and inverter. As long as the inverter will switch for me from 100% shore to 100% inverter. I suppose I don't need it.

3 comments
2 |3000

JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ commented ·
@J P

Then you won't need it. The Quattro has it's own ATS(s), and will switch seamlessly. Even add inverter power to the shore's if you want.

0 Likes 0 ·
J P avatar image J P JohnC ♦ commented ·
Thx. Just so I understand, the Quattro will power both sides of my RV 50A panel at 120 without some type of jumper on a transfer switch? I want to avoid a situation where I'm only getting power to 1/2 the RV circuits.
0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ J P commented ·
@J P

Ahhh, split phase. Not my area at all. Not saying it won't work, but can someone else come in here, please?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic