question

VK2EVA avatar image
VK2EVA asked

Venus OS large enable Relays

Hi all,

I am preparing a Raspi 4 4GB to replace my old Pi 3 running Venus OS.

Im prepping the 4 at home first and getting it all working before I head out to the mountains to replace the 3, and I got to the point of configuring the relays, only to find that in Venus OS Large, there was no relay options in the settings!

I looked around a bit and found one guy that mentioned he/she was in the same situation, but the ticket on github was closed...

So I poked around a bit and I may have fixed it..

I first copied the contents of /etc/venus/gpio_list from a working setup into my new one, which was empty at the time.

I then edited the file /opt/victronenergy/gui/qml/PageSettingsRelay.qml to add my additional relays (6 total)

They now all appear within the UI, Ill try to pickup some relays tomorrow to actually test that its working and will report back, but if you take a look, does this sound like everything?

Thanks!

VK2EVA

modifications
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Rob Duthie avatar image Rob Duthie commented ·

You will need to wire like this.

Victron Raspi Hat.pdf

0 Likes 0 ·
victron-raspi-hat.pdf (673.2 KiB)
3 Answers
VK2EVA avatar image
VK2EVA answered ·

Update: Working fine for me!

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klausmortensen avatar image
klausmortensen answered ·
@Rob Duthie is it possible to purchase a ready made HAT that works with venus Large 2.92 on a Pi 3+ ?
2 |3000

Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

Note that you'll need to repeat all your configurations each time Venus OS updates since your changes will be overwritten when the new firmware is installed. You can add code in /data/rc.local to do the reinstall or ....

Consider using my RpiGpioSetup package which does the same thing you did but will reinstall after the firmware update.

https://github.com/kwindrem/RpiGpioSetup

2 |3000

Related Resources

Experiments, Modifications and Adaptions. Mods (Modifications) can be made to Victron Software by the Community. Please use the modifications space for enthusiasts who want to push what is possible, without official Victron Support.