question

robbiev avatar image
robbiev asked

VRM Remote Console Connectivity Issue

HI there,

I have a brand new Cerbo GX device connected to my RV's Solar Victron (V.E Direct Cable) Smart MPPT 75/15 and my MacBook / iPhone via Victron Connect.

It appears online but gives an RPS error #R2 Unable to connect to RPS Broker when I click VRM Remote Console.

Since I have had the device I have never been able to set it up correctly despite my endless hours and weeks of reading. I am 100% convinced that all settings are correct. Wifi is connected, logging enabled etc...

Things like accessing devices on Victron Connect to monitor my PV occassionally works, but mostly goes off and I have to drive miles to try and get it back online. However, still never been able to use RC.

BTW, two-way comms is enabled. It's enabled on VRM. I tried the disable / enable password fix to no avail and I have Factory reset it by downloading the Venus.data.tgz file onto a USB which resets it fine but still not working.

Can someone help me see if this is connected correctly. Remote Support is also enabled. The dealer I buy my Victron kit from no longer have any tech engineers to help me. Happy to send Portal ID number via DM.

Thanks so much in advance!

R

modifications
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
neoneddy avatar image
neoneddy answered ·

Just double checking a few things here.

On the latest firmware? I know you said you loaded it again from USB. 2.81 is current and 2.8.2 will be out any day now.

So, a few things I'd try right away. Anyway to try a different way of connecting to the internet? Different wifi? Different hostpot? Etc?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

You said that you have done a lot of reading, but just to confirm that we are on the same page, so to speak, have you gone through this guide here:
https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Cerbo_GX/en/vrm-portal.html#UUID-c6032252-9e32-f3d3-57ea-e6978bb0f62c

If so, then perhaps you could share some pictures so that we can see what you are seeing.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Experiments, Modifications and Adaptions. Mods (Modifications) can be made to Victron Software by the Community. Please use the modifications space for enthusiasts who want to push what is possible, without official Victron Support.