question

ajfeather avatar image
ajfeather asked

Venus gx offline

Installed new gx after failure of old one. The gx was seen on vrm and shown online. After deleting old gx the new gx now shows offline. On victron connect app the gx can be seen on the local tab and when accessing remote console and going to WiFi tab it shows it is connected to my router. I have tried to delete the installation and start again but blocks me.

connection issue
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@ajfeather

Under the vrm portal menu does it show you if it is making contact?

0 Likes 0 ·
ajfeather avatar image ajfeather Alexandra ♦ commented ·
The last time the vrm had contact was 3 days ago.
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ ajfeather commented ·

@ajfeather

How did you connect it to the vrm initially?

Have you tried rebooting it?

Not sure if you checked the manual here - https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Venus_GX/en/vrm-portal.html#UUID-c6032252-9e32-f3d3-57ea-e6978bb0f62c

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
ajfeather avatar image
ajfeather answered ·

I followed the victron YouTube video for wif connection. I then followed the instruction on line to remove the old gx.

I have rebooted by using the black button

The remote console does indicate that I am logged on.

Enable on vrm is set on remote console. In remote console it indicates options on password set. Do I set or disable this function? Or is this irrelevant

Regards

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@ajfeather

It adds an extra layer of security, so that is up to you. I personally don't use it as a person needs admin access to use the remote console anyway.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic