question

mak02 avatar image
mak02 asked

Adding inverter to 48/15K/240v Quattro for more wattage

OK, I apologize right off the bat for any inexperience, so I would appreciate that any "Why would you want to do that?!" comments be relegated.

I currently have a Quattro 48/15K/240V feeding an Autotransformer, which feeds into my sub-panel which can then feed my main panel (I am NOT grid tying, so this is for purely off-grid). I am not using output 2, currently, so I can feed 100A to my house. There have been occasions where my usage requirement is at/over 10K and the inverter has shut off. While this is rare, there might be occasions where I would need to supplement extra power.

So, my question is: Can I add another inverter in parallel to the Autotransformer for more wattage capability? I know I could get another Quattro, remove the Autotransformer, and run in split phase, but I thought I would ask if the first question is possible. Also, does it have to be a Quattro, or can it be another model?

Thank you, in advance.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargerbattery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

You need to use identical models, from what I recall this is defined as the same 4 digits of the model number.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

marekp avatar image
marekp answered ·

@mak02

It has to be exactly the same model of Quattro if it is to be connected in parallel with the one you have.

Is your auto transformer big enough for double power of two parallel connected Quatros?

2 |3000

mak02 avatar image
mak02 answered ·

Yeah...after I sent that message, I recalled that my Autotransformer is 100A, so that would invalidate my post as a parallel without adding another Autotransformer.

Thank you for the quick responses, though. Much appreciated.

2 |3000

mak02 avatar image
mak02 answered ·

OK, new thought. Again, I do not fully understand the AC side, so please excuse my ignorance.

Can I add another full 48/15K at 230V into another 100A Autotransformer and then parallel that split-phase output into my panel either using another breaker or combine into a 200A breaker?

2 |3000