question

Marco Granai avatar image
Marco Granai asked

node-red write gx50

is it possible through node-red to write the values on cerbo gx? for instance: can I show the current generated by an inverter (inverter no victron) on the cerbo gx by providing it with the data via node-red?

Node-RED
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Only certain registers are writable. I'm pretty certain that the register that you want to write to is read only.
See the register list for which one are writable. Download Modbus-TCP register list from here:
https://www.victronenergy.com/support-and-downloads/technical-information

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alistair Warburton avatar image
Alistair Warburton answered ·

I know this reply is months late but I am pretty sure that a smart shunt, and possibly the older versions, can be configured as an energy meter as opposed to a battery capacity monitor...

In that case you could measure DC V/A/W with that and see it In VRM.

I am less sure if there would be any side effects but I havent noticed any useing a shunt on a none integrated inverter on my system. Cant say the same about the inverter mind you...

Also you can write the battery SOC value on a multi, IF, it isnt being updated by the device. I think this is to permit capacity synchronisation, exterally, but it is none the less an updatible value available in VRM, at least according to the docs.

An ET112 may also be worth a look... AC energy meter compatible with GX devices I think. Made by Carlo Gavazzi, It also supports Ethernet.

2 |3000