question

john2019 avatar image
john2019 asked

Victron Shunt with BYD battery

Hi, Everyone

I am planning to installed a parallel 3 phase quattro 10kVA and 2 Mppt , 2 byd Battery banks with BYD BMS. Two questions, can I connect all DC terminals in 2 LYnx Power in. I am confused why battery need be connected to DC power in and MPPTs Inverters must be connected to DC distributor. In my case , do I need connect a Lynx shunt? I do not think so.

Another question is what is the difference between shunt and shunt ion and shunt ion BMS. They all like seem functions.

Thanks

BYDlynx shunt
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
David Foret (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
David Foret (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi John,

The Lynx Power in and Lynx Distributor are pretty much the same but Lynx Distributor has fuse holders inside while the Lynx Power in is just a negative and positive busbar in an enclosure.

So I recommend that you use Lynx Distributors to have the ability to place a Mega Fuse on each line.

You do not need to have a Lynx shunt either as the battery SOC will be given by the BMS of your BYD batteries.

Lynx ion BMS is to be used with our 24V lithium batteries, Lynx shunt can be used with any type of batteries that don't have an internal BMS providing SOC values...

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Lynx Shunt VE Can online manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Victron BYD battery compatibility guide