question

dann-fazekas avatar image
dann-fazekas asked

Mppt Controllers not starting every morning

Since an update performed on both of my MPPT controllers a 100/30 and a 100/50 they will not start up in the morning, they both decide to stay, off with a slow blinking blue light. They never used to do this this before the last update, and now to start them, i have to disconnect the batteries and the solar panels and then reconnect them. When they start up they go straight into Absorb after only a few minutes of bulk and sometimes turn themselves off during the day.

This never used to happen and seems to to related to the latest update v1.59

Any ideas Cheers Dann

MPPT Controllers
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Wayne avatar image Wayne commented ·
Hi Dann, are you able to post an image of the history page of the MPPT. Blinking Blue indicates no PV, I'm assuming you have checked continuity PV to MPPT and MPPT to battery.

Is the MPPT running standalone or is it networked, if networked can you outline the setup?

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
dann-fazekas avatar image
dann-fazekas answered ·

Hi Wayne

Think i have found the problem, all charging devices go through a separate shunt, which seemed to have a loose connection. Once that was tightened up all the issues have disappeared, the MPPTs must have not been able to read the battery voltage correctly.

Thanks for you input

Cheers Dann

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.