question

l-shore avatar image
l-shore asked

Multiplus II (2 x 120) always trips the GFI outlet that I plug into the mains supply.

I have no 50A or 30A outlet to plug into. I'm using a 50 to 30A dogbone, then a 30 to 15A adapter. This worked perfectly prior to adding the Multiplus. The 15A single phase GFI outlet on my garage always trips as soon as the Multiplus connects to passthrough mode, yet it works just fine if powered from a non-GFI 15A outlet.

When I contacted the well-known supplier, I was told that this is a common problem with these units and there is nothing that can be done. That is not acceptable. I am experienced in electronics and AC wiring. The Multiplus seems to be otherwise working properly. Any suggestions out there?

Multiplus-II
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Justin Tierney avatar image Justin Tierney commented ·
I posted this same issue a month or so ago but didn’t really get any reply. If you have vrm/or Bluetooth dongle does it also show a negative amp/watt when this happens? That’s what I was noticing. If I was in float or passthru with nothing really drawing in my rv it’d pop. I’ve had both house/rv checked and no issues with wiring ect found.
0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ commented ·
@L Shore

You have a battery hooked to it too?

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
l-shore avatar image
l-shore answered ·

1. It doesn't make any difference if there is no load or some moderate load, it trips the shop's GFI immediately upon connection to passthrough mode.

2. I have 300 AH lithium batteries. They run the inverter with no issues.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.