question

lucl avatar image
lucl asked

Understanding Multiplus 12/3000/12 AC-Out

Hi guys,

I'm trying to understand the AC-Out on the Multiplus 12/3000/12v. I've read the tech sheet and the manual and I'm still not clear.

The spec sheet says the "Maximum feed through current (A)" is 50A. Does this mean that the max current that can pass through AC-OUT-2 (that's the output that is pulled from the AC-IN and just passed through the inverter, I think?). In that case, the breaker I should have before AC-OUT-2 should be 50 AMPs right?

What's confusing is that in the "General" section of the spec sheet, it says "Auxiliary Output: Max 32A. Switches off when no external AC Source Available". So is it 50A or 32A or am I totally not understanding this.

Also, for AC-OUT-1 (the primary AC-OUTPUT) does a 30A breaker suffice? 3000w/110v = ~27A.

Thank you!

Luc

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

I'm not sure where you are seeing 32A with respect to the 12/3000/120-50? We are talking about the 120V model right? I can only see references to 50A for the 120V version. The 240V version is rated at 32A
50A is the maximum pass-through current that can come in from AC-IN. Auxiliary AC Out is also 50A.
Size your AC-IN wiring to accommodate 50A continuous and circuit breakers to suit the wiring.
For the output, size your wiring for 50A also with circuit breakers to suit, then you are covered to carry 27A when inverting too.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nebulight avatar image
nebulight answered ·

For AC1, On the output you should do a 50 amp breaker with 6awg wire. Since this has power assist, you could theoretically plugged in on 30 amp shore power and not have enough power from the 30 amp service, then need to supplement from the battery/inverter, pushing you above the 30 amps and trip your breaker.

As for AC2 I believe the max output is 32amps so a 30 amp breaker will do the trick. That is from the spec sheet but may be a copy/paste error from the 230v versions.

2 |3000