question

snu-pi avatar image
snu-pi asked

MPPT RS 450/20 to high current

English below:

Hallo ich habe eine Frage

ich würde gerne bei einem MPP vom SmartSolar MPPT RS 450/200-Tr 2*6 Solarmodula parallel anhängen.

Die Spannungen passen, nur der Strom könnte theoretisch höher sein.

Impp = 10,20 A, Isc = 10,68 A pro Modu, das ergibt in Summe Impp=20,4Am Isc=21,36A

Aber die Module werden einmal OSt und einmal West aufgehängt (Azimuth -120°, Azimuth 60°, Neigung 28°)

Ist das möglich das so zu machen und die Garantie nicht zu verlieren?

Würde eine zusätzliche Sicherung da abhelfen?

======================================================================

Hello, I have a question

I would like to attach 2*6 solar modules in parallel to an MPP from the SmartSolar MPPT RS 450/200-Tr.

The voltages fit, only the current could theoretically be higher.

Impp = 10.20 A, Isc = 10.68 A per module, which results in a total of Impp=20.4Am Isc=21.36A

But the modules are mounted 6 pieces east and p pieces west (azimuth -120°, azimuth 60°, inclination 28°)

Is it possible to do this and not void the warranty?

Would an extra fuse help?

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

The RS series has multiple trackers, so you'd use one string per tracker. All fits well then, especially the east/west thing.

But I'd question the need for a /200 model with 4x trackers, a /100 should be a great fit anyway with a nominal max of 5760W.

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Datasheet-SmartSolar-MPPT-RS-EN.pdf

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

snu-pi avatar image
snu-pi answered ·

The other 3 trackers a full too.

Tracker1 : 9 OLD Modules South with OCV 407V, 2928Watt (325Watt each Module)

Tracker2: 6 Modules East parallel with 6 Modules West 4620Watt (385Watt each Module)

Tracker3: 8 Modules West 3080 Watt

Tracker4: 8 Mdoules West 3080 Watt

Tracker2 is the problematic Tracker, i don't think that i can get the whole current (because of east / west) but don't want to loose waranty

1 comment
2 |3000

JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ commented ·
@snu_pi

Ah ok, existing unit.

In this case I think all you could do is talk to your friendly Victron supplier and ask them if they'd honour warranty if something happened. There's every chance that in practice you'd not exceed the tracker specs, and even if you did there may not be any issue. But if they say no then the onus falls to you.

0 Likes 0 ·