question

luphi avatar image
luphi asked

connect Cerbo to vehicles can bus

All,

is there a way to connect the Cerbo to the vehicle's can bus to read the fuel tank level for example.

In my case I have a Fiat Ducato series 8.

Cheers,

luphi

VE.Bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

This would not work, the Victron system are not set up to interpret vehicle messages.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

luphi avatar image
luphi answered ·

Sad!

Anyway, thank you for your quick response.

Ceers,

luphi

2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Moving this to modifications. I agree with @WKirby but but what you asked isn't what I was thinking. Things like arduino, raspberry pi can read the vehicle can bus, and it may then be possible to get this back to the cerbo.

2 |3000

gibsonae avatar image
gibsonae answered ·

having played with vehicle can bus and Arduinos one would think there would be a way to use a raspberry pie or a Arduino as some kind of interpreter between the 2 protocols.

2 |3000

pau1phi11ips avatar image
pau1phi11ips answered ·

What data did you want to get from the Canbus?

1 comment
2 |3000

luphi avatar image luphi commented ·

tank level, but found another solution by using relays to switch the tank level sensor between car and cerbo

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources