question

yrys avatar image
yrys asked

Quattro inverter fan running constantly

Quattro 10000 fan constantly on, temperature in room around 8 centigrade. Shouldn't it be only coming on if it gets hot?

quattro 10kva
5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ commented ·
How much load is on the Quattro?
0 Likes 0 ·
yrys avatar image yrys wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

About 5 amps

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ yrys commented ·
Does the fan shut off if uou remove the load?
0 Likes 0 ·
yrys avatar image yrys kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
No it doesn't shut off. And now the inverter has completely stopped working even though the ambient temperature is 6 centigrade. What is the problem?
0 Likes 0 ·
yrys avatar image yrys commented ·
İt's impossible for the inverter to be hot. The ambient temperature is now 5 c and the inverter has been off for a few hours. When I switch it on it refuses to invert and the temperature light flashes.
0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
yrys avatar image
yrys answered ·

İs there way to bypass temperature cut off

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
If it won't ruin your warranty, something may have come loose inside the unit during transport.

May be worth popping the cover and checking.

Else just better to return to the supplier for a replacement.

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Sounds like a fault in the unit. Please contact your dealer.

11 comments
2 |3000

yrys avatar image yrys commented ·
I left it off all night and switched it back on in the morning and it's working now. But the fan comes on again for no good reason.
0 Likes 0 ·
wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ yrys commented ·
Another idea. Are there any airflow obstructions or is the unit dirty inside?

I have seen instances where there is a lot of dust or dirt on the heatsinks inside and the fan has much less effect than it should. This would also cause the fan to come on sooner than expected.

0 Likes 0 ·
I don't think so as the air is blowing freely out of the top and the air is freezing cold. I'm wondering if it's a faulty temperature reading inside the unit.
0 Likes 0 ·
Faulty temperature reading, I did start to think something like that or maybe some other kind of fault inside.

We are running out of ideas here, there isn't much to advise about anything to check inside the unit. Probably best to get your dealer involved for repair / replacement.

0 Likes 0 ·
Unfortunately, I have no dealer in my country anymore. That's why I'm trying so hard to figure it out.
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ yrys commented ·
If you're confident doing it, turn everything off especially the AC. Make sure unit completely electrically isolated. Take the cover off and clean carefully. Even though air is flowing through, you may have a layer of dust insulating the temp sensor.

Otherwise follow the instructions in www.vicyronenergy.com/support

0 Likes 0 ·
İt's working now so I'm reluctant to take everything apart. But yeah I guess I will have to open the whole unit up and do a thorough inspection. Thank you
0 Likes 0 ·
İs there any instructions or a video for taking apart. I have taken off the two front covers and disassembled the main board and wiped it clean with pure alcohol. Also had a peak inside and didn't see much. There are giant capacitors behind the main board and the temperature sensors seem to be going into the two large copper coils. I'm guessing I can't access the two temperature sensors because they are sealed inside the copper coils.
0 Likes 0 ·

This is not an instructional video of how to take it apart, but Johannes does take this MultiPlus apart a bit. Maybe you can get some ideas from this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPfUn5ki7OM&t=1s&ab_channel=VictronEnergy

0 Likes 0 ·
Thanks
0 Likes 0 ·
kw4np avatar image kw4np yrys commented ·
@Yrys , did you ever find a solution? I'm having the same issue, seems to be related to the two connectors on the upper right hand connector of the main board.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic