question

adoncap avatar image
adoncap asked

MultiPlus 12/2000/50 no longer accepts AC in (shore power or generator)

I have a MultiPlus 12/2000/80 managing my power system on a 2012 Sprinter Van Conversion. Inputs include solar, vehicle alternator, 2,500-watt Cummins Onan MicroQuiet generataor and shore power (generator and power connected to transfer switch). The system worked well for two years. This past week I turned on the generator and ran a vacuum cleaner. Not sure if I tripped anything but the AC in hasn't worked since. I happened to have my Victron Connect on while using the microwave (with generator running) and realized I was drawing down the house batteries (2X 100 ah battleborns). Checked and played with my settings on VE Config and can't get the AC work through the MultiPlus. I can see voltage coming in and frequency (~61 hz). Wiring wasn't really handled at all and appears to still be solid. Is there something I can re-set? Any help would be appreciated.

Generator
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

I have a similar problem with a multi compact 24/1600/40; I traced this to failed relays on the AC board. Currently looking at repair options.

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

adoncap avatar image adoncap commented ·
Thank you, Mike. That does not sound like a simple fix. I was hoping a firmware update would solve the problem but now I have having difficulties with the firmware update. If you wouldn't mind updating progress on your fix, that would be much appreciated.

0 Likes 0 ·
adoncap avatar image adoncap commented ·

My Mulitplus accepts AC input again. I am not sure what happened to reset my 2000/12/50 but something between reinstalling the Multiplus (undoing all cables, etc.) and resetting the settings to factory and starting over with specific settings has solved my problem, I do think the ground relay was somehow disabled previously and also settings related to absorption.

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ adoncap commented ·
There's an ignore AC input somewhere in the settings. That caught me a while ago. I was updating a couple of setting, my pc track pad has a lively habit of clicking on things for me...
0 Likes 0 ·
Jim avatar image Jim kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Do you know where the AC input off is at? My AC is not function once off shore power.
0 Likes 0 ·
adoncap avatar image
adoncap answered ·

The problem was that I tripped the breaker on my Onan generator. Simple solution. I'm embarrassed that I didn't even to think of checking the breaker on it. All works as it used to now.

2 |3000