question

ttmott avatar image
ttmott asked

Multiplus CCGX Automatic Generator Start Sequencing

When the generator is started and running manually and not started by the CCGX AGS will the CCGX shut down the generator when battery charging complete? If I'm running the generator using the manual start switches I do not want it to shut down automatically by the CCGX.

Thanks

Tom

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi Tom, have you already studied the documentation? https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ccgx:generator_start_stop

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ttmott avatar image ttmott commented ·

I did and studied it again to make sure I didn't miss something. As a clarification the "manual start" is existing switches on the boat and I'd rather continue to use those and/or the GX (they are in different locations on the boat). I do understand the manual start feature on the GX will override any automatic features. Maybe no choice here....

Could I possibly use the detect AC1 as a do not start or shut down trigger? The boat could be on shore power or generator and AC power would be active at the inverter in these cases.

Thanks

Tom

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ ttmott commented ·

Hi Tom, ah I understand better now. I thought you meant the Manual start feature on the GX.

For when started manually on the generator itself: how that works depends on how its all wired and what type of generator you are using.

In most cases I would think that indeed it works like you want: the generator then has a three way switch: On/Off/Auto.

In which Auto means ”listen to the GX device”

0 Likes 0 ·