question

lucl avatar image
lucl asked

Wiring Diagram for Multiplus 12v 3000

Hi guys,

I'm new to Victron and need help tracking down a basic wiring diagram. I found a few online but since they are also from people that are just learning about it as well, I'm a bit cautious about using them because I don't know if they are accurate.

What I'm looking for is a really SIMPLE diagram that demonstrates the hookup of the Multiplus + Solar Charger + SmartShunt + Batteries. The Cerbo GX I can figure out later. I was hoping Victron would have a sample diagram but I can't find it.

I have the following:

1. Victron Multiplus 12v 3000 (configured for LIFEPO4 batteries)

2. Victron Energy SmartSolar MPPT TR VE.Can 250V 100

3. Victron Energy Cerbo GX (plus cables)

4. Victron Energy SmartShunt 500

5. 4x 100AH LIFEPO batteries configured in a 12v configuration

6. 4x 200W panels.

7. Fuses, breakers, bus bars, cables and switches.

Thank you!

Luc

wiring diagram
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
jkmann avatar image
jkmann answered ·

If you used Victron batteries, just pop in a VE. Bus BMS and a Battery Protect to your equipment list and the wiring will be relatively simple. If you used some other kind of batteries, the wiring will be a bit different and depend on the capabilities of the BMS. You need to control a variety of fault conditions that the BMS will help you with. I didn't use the Cerbo GX in my design, so don't have experience with integrating everything with that.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

A schematic for just a Multi would be easy and simple but you have some more components.

Victron do have some system schematics but most of them are complex.
https://www.victronenergy.com/support-and-downloads/systems

2 |3000

wfu560 avatar image
wfu560 answered ·

hallo @lucl ,

I have found this plan and I am guided by this.271448581-310303301145395-9168391965305989417-n.png

1 comment
2 |3000

cjd avatar image cjd commented ·
I'm interested that it shows a circuit breaker on the AC input and AC output of the Multiplus. I'm using it on a campervan and was hoping to rely on the breaker in the shore-power hookup cable to protect the input.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic