question

storm avatar image
storm asked

why do I have ac voltage (ac1 out) on the green grounding terminal on a multi inverting? There is no ac 1 input wired.

Grounding
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
bbmz avatar image
bbmz answered ·

I need further details for a qualified answer. Which multiplus are you talking about 3kVA? 5kVA? 120V? 230V? Multplus (1) or the newer Multiplus II?

Is there anywhere a ground / PE connected or only a battery? Which battery is connected? Lithium? Lead-acid?

My first guess are leakage currents. If you haven‘t connected a ground anywhere, these (very small) leakage currents can add up to a quite resonable potential difference.

Please make sure - even with only a battery connected - that you ground the inverter.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

storm avatar image
storm answered ·

its a multiplus 3000k 12v with 600ah lithium bank. it inverts fine but the green wire on the ac 1 in terminal has 120vac on it. and the hot and neut are removed .my test plug says all is ok at the outlets. the chassis is grounded to the dc ground. I dont get it!

1 comment
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
Between which points do you measure?

From L to PE you always can measure a voltage but the voltage is coming from the L not the PE.

All PE and the chassis are interconnected.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic