asimko avatar image
asimko asked

Problem setting up wanted configuration

Hello,

I have 3 MultiPlus-II 48/3000/35-32 with firmware 477 and identifification 2629

BYD Premium LV battery

5kW in panels and smartsolar mppt

and not allowed to feedback in grid.

I was trying to setup 3-phase system, connected to grid only on demand of higher loads or battery less than 30%.

I already tried virtual switch, with only one value of higher load than a number, but it was not connecting to grid, but because of higher load, system was shutting down.

I tried HUB-1 but again, without success, it is only in mode only charger, I dont why, here is the setup:hub1.png

I tried also this:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/assistants:ignore_ac_input_using_the_generator_assistant

and this:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/assistants:overview_of_available_assistants#deprecated_self-consumption_hub-2_v3_-_for_ac-coupled_systems

Non of these was doing what I expected.

I dont know what else to try. I have 2 other installation working correctly but with older CPUs and firmware on multiplus with HUB-1 assistant ...

Thank you for any suggestion

Multiplus-II
hub1.png (26.2 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@asimko@kits.sk

Not sure if you have decent contactors available to you, but you can also use the gx relay with generator setup and contactors to disconnect grid as needed.

6 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

asimko avatar image asimko commented ·

Ok lets say that is a option,but this installation is far from me, and i have 2 identical installations but with older multis and now it does not work? there must be a setup alternative or isnt it? with newer firmware i cannot do what i was able before?

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ asimko commented ·

@asimko@kits.sk

The HUBs are stated as depreciated. There must be a good reason for it.

What exactly is not working for you?

What are you trying to achieve? The 70AH of battery seems a bit small for this setup as well. that will be adding to the complications.

0 Likes 0 ·
asimko avatar image asimko Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Yes battery is small,but will be upgraded in future.

I want have 3 phase system running offgrid, but in empty battery or high load will connect to grid, that is all, with no excess in grid even in battery full.

0 Likes 0 ·

D oyou have a gx device in the system? Maybe you need to tweak it a bit after watching your loads. It is possible power factor may be an issue on site. And the load you are expecting may not be the load the system is seeing.

0 Likes 0 ·
asimko avatar image asimko Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Yes I have a gx device. Can you please tell me which assistant do I have to use for this kind of setup?

Because if I choose virtual switch it does not switch to grid (i dont know why), but I read somewhere here in forum, that VS only look on master multi, so it does not switch if there is a higher load on slave multis.

HUB1 is deprecated, HUB2 too, ESS is not for this kind of setup, power generator assistant does not work as expected, does not switch to grid.

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/CCGX/en/gx---generator-auto-start-stop.html

It is not an assistant, it runs and is programmed from the GX itself.

0 Likes 0 ·