question

sirrod avatar image
sirrod asked

Assistance (ess)

Easy solar 5kva system, with 2 x mppts sys

When uploading ESS using VECONFIGURE, When done setting and want to upload it gives me and internal problem, contact victron energy. What could be the issue

ESSVEConfigure 3
5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@Sirrod

Are you uploading through the vrm?

Did you download a fresh copy of the config off the inverter first?

0 Likes 0 ·
sirrod avatar image sirrod Alexandra ♦ commented ·

I used Ve configure, new inverter with no configurations so I didn't download anything off it

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ sirrod commented ·

Are you setting a grid code as well?

And did you update firmware at all?

0 Likes 0 ·
sirrod avatar image sirrod Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Grid code on other, and lom on type B. Still gave me internal error contact victron energy.

Now my easy solar also doesn't switch on, no indicator lights nothing for me to reset it... I disconnected everything and reconnected and nothing happened

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ sirrod commented ·
Well at this point you will have to go to your supplier, or try with an mk3. But the fact it does not switch on means dealer/ supplier
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
suttridge avatar image
suttridge answered ·

Yes, I had something similar a while back. Rather frightening that nothing seemed to be working.

The main problem was that the ESS assistant in the VE.Config was corrupt, so uploading it to inverter caused it to go into some sort of fail-safe shutdown mode. There are two things that I had to do to get it all OK again :-

1. You need to flash the firmware in the inverter again, using VE.Flash and your inverter's appropriate (and preferably latest) firmware file. There are many examples of how to do this. Once you have done this, the inverter will start up again with its default configuration, but at least you can see it is actually working again.

2. Now you need to go to VE.Config and first tell it to download (and overwrite) to itself a brand-new set of assistants. This will get the latest assistants, and kill off the corrupt ones. You can now set up your ESS assistant as required, and send it to the inverter, and it should now work OK.

Hope this works for you. Kind regards, Steve.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

What is ESS training video

ESS Quick Installation Guide

ESS design and installation manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic