question

gharshaw avatar image
gharshaw asked

Is the ModbusTCP register for "/BatteryVoltage" for Temperature Sensors like the Ruuvi intentionally missing or has not been added yet??

I see the /BatteryVoltage in Dbus-spy and MQTT. I have a temperature sensor that I added via a "dummy service" and I update the sensor values via modbusTCP . I am wanting to update the sensors battery voltage with modbustcp as well.

These are the Temperature sensor registers I see on my CCGX running v2.80 ~33

1642000782495.png

Thank you,

Gene

Modbus TCPTemperature Sensor
1642000782495.png (22.7 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

gharshaw avatar image gharshaw commented ·

Hi @mvader (Victron Energy) ,

Thoughts?

Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

gharshaw avatar image gharshaw commented ·

I like the idea of using /status. It will allow greater flexibility since some sensors report battery percentage and others like the Ruuvi report voltage.
Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
gone-sailing avatar image
gone-sailing answered ·

Can I ask how do you write the temperature values by modbus tcp interface? I am getting an error suggesting the register is not writable. The register spreadsheet also suggests the temperature value is not writable.

2 |3000

gharshaw avatar image
gharshaw answered ·

By default most of the modbustcp registers are set to read only. You will need to change the registers that you want to write to by updating the paths to writable in the /opt/victronenergy/dbus-modbustcp/attributes.csv file and reboot .

For example with a temperature sensor, change the R (read only) to W ( writable)

com.victronenergy.temperature,/Temperature,d,Degrees celsius,3304,int16,100,R

com.victronenergy.temperature,/Temperature,d,Degrees celsius,3304,int16,100,W

2 |3000

gone-sailing avatar image
gone-sailing answered ·

Thanks, I'll look into that.

2 |3000

Related Resources