question

Unal Ozbek avatar image
Unal Ozbek asked

Bmv-712 connecting to CCGX

My system includes smart shunt and color control GX . I want to add Bmv-712 to the system and install the display different location .my question is ; where do I connect bmv-712 to ? Can I connect to smart shunt or use another shunt parallel to smart shunt ?

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
snoobler avatar image
snoobler answered ·

It would need to be in series with the smartshunt. If you put it in parallel, both shunts will give garbage readings.

IIRC, the CCGX only has two VE.Direct ports. If both are occupied, you're out of luck.

I would ask why you would keep the smartshunt at all? It no longer serves any purpose or offers additional features vs. a 712.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

If you're looking to add a second display, simplest way would be an android tablet into your wireless LAN and use that to repeat via VRM. It does need an internet connection over your WLAN. Might also work with Victron connect over Bluetooth, I'll check later for you.

Pick a tablet that allows you to cap charging, then you won't kill the battery with continuous charge.

1 comment
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Victron connect only gives full info via VRM. So WLAN and internet needed.

On Bluetooth it connects to victron Smart devices, and shows what they report, as well as allowing configuration.
0 Likes 0 ·
dexter avatar image
dexter answered ·

Did you ever figure this out? I am trying to do the same

1 comment
2 |3000

Unal Ozbek avatar image Unal Ozbek commented ·

followed Snoobler recommendation it works , battery negative to smart shunt then Bmv712 it works fine

0 Likes 0 ·