question

dave04163 avatar image
dave04163 asked

connect 2 x MPPT 250/100 enable to VE Bus BMS charge shutdown port.

Hi there,

I am asking this question because the instructions for MPPT 250/100 and VE Bus BMS are a bit vague.

The system configuration I have is the similar to that at the bottom of page 8, English section VE Bus BMS manual.

The difference between this and my system is I have 2 parallel Pheonix Invertors and 2 MPPT 250/100 chargers.

The question is how do I connect the MPPTs into the charge shutdown as they

a. only have VE Direct port

b. I only have one VE Direct port left on the CCGX after the BMS712 is connected.

Is the "yellow" cable shown going between the VE Bus BMS charge shutdown terminal to the MPPT enable terminals a special cable?

Batteries at this time is 2 parallel 4 x 12 series 90aH in battery tower, ie 180 aH @ 48V

Thanks in advance for your help,

Cheers,

Dave

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

you connect the MPPT units to a USB hub (max recommended I think is 4 mppt units) and then connect that to the CCGX The ccgx will combine the two units outputs in to one tile

however you can see each unit and the outputs in the settings area

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dave04163 avatar image dave04163 commented ·

Thanks for that.

The MPPTs only have a VE direct port on them. Is there a VE Direct to USB convertor?

Cheers,

Dave

0 Likes 0 ·