question

j1976 avatar image
j1976 asked

Multiplus Compact only work with AC input

I have a issue with a Multiplus Compact 24/1600 inverter. I checked the inside fuse of 150A and no problems there, 24vdc arriving to the inverter, but none of the leds light up, no output and no access through MK3-USB. Having the AC input with power, the Multicompact starts with green light, then goes to orange (meaning it´'s charging), and i can access the configuration with the MK3-USB. Theres anyway to disable the inverter with a wrong configuration or firmware update? Or the problem is purelly electrical? (i checked inside and there is no signals at all of burned components. Thanks in advance for any help.

Multiplus-II
11 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

snoobler avatar image snoobler commented ·
Hate to state the obvious, but isn't there a switch for OFF, ON and CHARGER? Are you certain the unit is ON?
0 Likes 0 ·
j1976 avatar image j1976 snoobler commented ·
would be wonderful if was that. i avoid to mention the most obvious to don't make the post too long :)

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·
Some screen shots of the VE.Configure setup screens - and what firmware is the unit currently on.

a factory reset is done if you load the latest fw using VE.Flash

To me its sounds like the fuse is blown inside - I know you say its not - but replace it or do a bypass of the fuse as a full test

0 Likes 0 ·
jwfrary avatar image jwfrary Paul B commented ·
Is there a GX device which is set to charger only?
0 Likes 0 ·
j1976 avatar image j1976 jwfrary commented ·
Its possible to disable the charger capability in the MultiPlus Compact... maybe the inverter could be disabled aswell...
0 Likes 0 ·
j1976 avatar image j1976 Paul B commented ·
I will try it anyway. but I have 27Vdc after the fuse. I will also check the firmware.

thank you

0 Likes 0 ·
marekp avatar image marekp j1976 commented ·
Volts after the fuse can be misleading.

Important thing is whether current flows through this fuse.

0 Likes 0 ·
j1976 avatar image j1976 marekp commented ·

I will replace the fuse and try it. Second time it´s refereed on the answers. Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
j1976 avatar image j1976 marekp commented ·
I had made a shunt on the fuse, and nothing change. Any ideas?

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image Paul B j1976 commented ·
You may have, but that dose not mean its there under load - its a easy test to do
0 Likes 0 ·
j1976 avatar image j1976 Paul B commented ·
thanks for your attention
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
j1976 avatar image
j1976 answered ·

This happen after my client run a configuration on VEConfig to create a 3phase system (he has 3 Multiplus 24/1600). after that two of them have this problem, only one (i guess the one that was config as L2) is working properly

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Guess your client needs to get all the configuration parameters from all three units back to you so you can see what they did.
0 Likes 0 ·