question

tonofbasel avatar image
tonofbasel asked

BlueSolar MPPT 75/15 - Load Output to Charge a Phone/Mi-Fi Router

Hi all,

Am new to this game but was able to sucessfully set-up a BlueSolar MPPT 75/15 in my garden shed and am super happy with the results. For my next step I would like to organise Wifi in the shed which connects to cameras / allows me to control sprinklers in the garden remotly.

What I am wondering if I used the Load Output connect it to a 5V downscaler which then connects to a USB port which would be connected to an old mobile on hotspot or a Mi-Fi beacon blasting out the internet. The idea would be whenever the car battery is full then excess power from the solar could charge the mobile phone or the Mi-Fi beacon.

Does this approach sound correct? If not any additional support would be appreciated.

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Simpler would be to get a 12V USB charger socket sold for car/boat use and connect it direct to the battery. The ones I found online were cheap, waterproof and work on input from 12-24V. Deliver 2A. Built in on/off switches.

Load output must be permanently connected to the battery.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.