Loaded Victron Connect on an android tablet - it updated and connected, but showed no activity. Read about a possible issue with android v5, so loaded app on latest android phone (Note9) with same results. Shows app and connects to device (controller) but shows no activity.
There is a red + lead and a white - lead coming from panels to a utility area under the step up to the camper overhang. When I test those leads, they show 33.09 V (subject to change) on a multitestor.
The red and white leads from the battery shows 11.65 V (subject to change). The + lead shows 33.09 when tested to the - lug on the battery box. The - lead shows continuity when tested to the lug on the battery box.
I've checked the battery terminal connections and they are tight and show 11.65 V on the terminals and on the battery box lugs.
Here's something strange to me. As soon as I connect the other end of the fuse holder into the + terminal of the controller and insert the fuse, the - and + terminals of the PV connection read .850 or less (subject to change). I've checked the terminal on the line side of the fuse holder, re-did the connection between the red lead from the solar panel to the fuse holder, inserted the fuse and checked the lead on the load side of the fuse holder and everything looks good and tests good. But when the pv leads are connected, the terminals show .850 - even when I touch the wires where they insert into the controller, they show .850.
I'm new to solar, but I am wondering if maybe there is a compromised wire running from the roof mounted solar panels. Maybe a nicked wire that only has a few strands of conductor intact. That would be enough for my multi testor to register the 33.09 V but maybe when connected to the controller, the higher demand (to run the controller and feed the batteries) exceeds what the (suspected) few strands can pass along.
The camper manufacturer thought it might be a bad controller and sent me a new one, but it has had the same results as the original.
Another thing that I thought is that maybe there is some activity going on and that the .850 v is a trickle charge occuring and that the Victron Connect app is just not working properly. But the slow flash of the blue led and lack of activity on the other leds would be too much of a coincidence.