question

mark-rolle avatar image
mark-rolle asked

BMV Relay operation multi devices

Can i run multiple remote on off connections in parallels off the BMV712 smart relay output

I want to switch off all mppt devices and an Orion dc/dc if ever and when battery reach's 14.5v as an added level of overcharge protection....it appears so??

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Mark Rolle,

yes you can. But take care and ensure that you don't exceed max. load capacity for the relay which is 60V/1A. You could use a low power relay (for example Optokoppler) in between to be on the safe side.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mark-rolle avatar image
mark-rolle answered ·

Stefani i have hooked up as i asked and it works with the 2 x mppt 150/70 nsmart but as soon as i plug in an orion it closes circuit to all when it was open....seems i will need the relay to work the orion input....thanks

2 comments
2 |3000

Maybe you have still the bridge connected in the remote on/off on the Orion?
0 Likes 0 ·
mark-rolle avatar image mark-rolle Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·
Not sure why it wont work but what does work is using the programable relay of one of the 150/70 to turn off orion at set voltage....thanks

0 Likes 0 ·