question

squinta avatar image
squinta asked

Three-phase off-grid system with 6 Quattro 15kva, 172 kwh pylontech, 60 kva generator

I have a three-phase off-grid system with 6 Quattro 15kva, 172 kwh pylontech battery and 60 kva generator that gives me the following problem. when the gen is running the power on the ACIN1 input varies continuously very quickly with constant AC load. In addition sometimes the generator has not been able to connect to the Quattro: it connects in parallel for a few seconds and then switches off immediately. We connected the generator directly to the load, without going through the victrons and it works perfectly. Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance

Generator
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
tnt369 avatar image
tnt369 answered ·

What kind of generator? What settings in the Quattro (pics please)?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

squinta avatar image
squinta answered ·

NB60.pdf

thank you for your help;
the generator is connected to the acin1 input and the maximum current is 50A. the setting was done by Victron during commissioning, but the generator was not yet present. today I downloaded the rvms file, can it be useful? thank you

nb60.pdf (1.0 MiB)
2 |3000

tnt369 avatar image
tnt369 answered ·

Have you measuring the current (50A) or is this the setting of the quattro? The generator should be able to deliver approx. 90A on each phase.

My guess is: If 50A is the setting of the quattro the two quattro on each phase will consume in total 100A (50A each) and overload the generator.

Please try to reduce the setting of the max. current.

There are two more options in the config that will be helpful with generator:
"Dynamic current limiter" (General tab)
"Weak AC input" (Charger tab)

2 |3000