question

ben avatar image
ben asked

Feature Request: DVCC Shared Voltage Sense choose sensor

I am aware of the pending feature that allows DVCC systems to choose a specific temperature sensor as the "master" one that will then propagate to the other devices when STS is enabled.

Would it be possible also to elect a specific voltage sensor for the SVS?

In my setup, for reasons related to space and safety, my BMV and shunt are located some distance from the battery. On the other hand, my Quattro Vsense probes are carried all the way to the battery, and they achieve a more accurate reading there.

I would like to be able, then, to choose to use this Vsense reading everywhere: as inputs to the charge algorithms on MPPT and Quattro, but even better as the voltage input to the BMV (so that it is more accurate).

DVCC
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi; no. we are not planning to expand on it. The opposite: for various battery types, BYD being one of them; we explicitly specifiy that SVS is not to be used. Also its disabled by default

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ben avatar image ben ♦ commented ·

That's too bad!

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources