question

baz-spicer avatar image
baz-spicer asked

BMV700 suddenly only showing 100% SOC and around 2 amps

Hi, my monitor has been working fine for 3 years but has suddenly stopped showing the correct SOC, it’s always 100% even when the battery (lithium) was discharged. it also only shows around 2 amps regardless of any current draw or charge, day or night (I have a solar system).

Having read other posts I’ve done factory resets and reset the charged voltage to 14.1, also reduced the tail current to 3, but to no avail.

Any help greatly appreciated as I’m living in my camper and need everything working.

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Baz Spicer

Have you tired to do a zero current calibration?

Disconnect all loads and charging sources, then hit zero current in Victron Connect app.

Also switch off start battery syncronised to 100%.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

baz-spicer avatar image
baz-spicer answered ·

Thanks for your reply Alexandra.

I’m a novice - what do I disconnect from where please?

Also I don’t have a Bluetooth connection to the BMV700 so can’t use the app.

i should also add that the voltage is showing as 0.00v.

What puzzles me is why it should suddenly stop working when until recently it’s been fine.

2 comments
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@Baz Spicer

Time changes the weirdest things in set ups. Thats why inspections are needed.

The shunt has a battery and a loads/charger side.

Disconnect everything from the loads/charger side. If it is still showing a current draw then it needs to be calibrated. If it does not then there is a gremlin on the wiring.

screenshot-20220106-225224.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·