question

Justin Tierney avatar image
Justin Tierney asked

What do I have wrong?

My Multiplus ii 12/3000/120 50 2x120 was recently installed into my RV. Everything seems to work fine, passthru, charging, inverting, ect. The problem happens when I turn my solar controller on. It almost instantly trips the gfci in the house on the line it's plugged into when it starts outputting power. I've got the multi ground running to the negative bus bar along with the ground for the lynx distributor and the load side of the shunt. Those all connect to the negative bus bar which is then connected to the RV frame. The case of the multi and the mppt are grounded in a different place on the frame. I've metered everything I can think of and can't seem to find an issue. Anyone have any thoughts? Mppt has been installed for over a year without issues until this point.

MPPT ControllersMultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Justin Tierney avatar image Justin Tierney commented ·
the solar controller +/- are also connected to the lynx bus bar.
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Justin Tierney avatar image
Justin Tierney answered ·

hoping I solved this one. I just went back out and found a few questionable grounds on the RV. I ground them to metal and reattached and all seems to be working now. I'm still monitoring.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Justin Tierney avatar image Justin Tierney commented ·
nopr, once I brought enough solar in it popped again.
0 Likes 0 ·