question

dangermouse avatar image
dangermouse asked

Hive Heating UK

A weird situation -

I have a victron multiplus providing power to a house for backup purposes.

When the power to the house is supplied by the multi the Hive heating system doesn't work.

The heating receiver connected to the boiler works for a small amount of time (less than 30 min) before going to an offline state.

This doesn't happen on grid.

has anyone had this same issue?

Just for info the internet connection is fine, the batteries are circa 80% SOC, i'm wondering if the output of the victron is not accepted by one or more of the elements of the hive system

offgrid
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Check to make sure that the inverter is set to the correct hz rate. It should be set to the same Hz as the grid.

if the grid as 50Hz then the inverter should also be set to 50hz

if the Grid is 60Hz then the inverter should be set to 60Hz

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dangermouse avatar image dangermouse commented ·

Will check thanks for the answer

0 Likes 0 ·
bentonaj avatar image
bentonaj answered ·

Hi dangermouse, did you resolve your issue with the Hive, I tried to run my heating from the vans battery and inverter but the boiler started then switched off displaying a flame ionisation fault, I'm wondering if it is an issue with not having the van inverter output tied to earth?

2 |3000

mark-callaway avatar image
mark-callaway answered ·

I’m having the same problem. Did anybody find a solution

2 |3000

Related Resources