question

info-7 avatar image
info-7 asked

Multiplus 48/5000 not accepting generator

I'm on an off-grid solar set up which has been working well for 4 years. We use 6kv gen to charge batteries when not enough solar. A couple of weeks ago the generator started cutting out intermittently, sometimes running for 20 mins, sometimes just a few minutes. At this point it was charging batteries, and we assumed it was geni fault, but couldn't get hold of a geni mechanic (it has been serviced recently). This week it was cutting out immediately, so we decided to hire another 6kv geni while waiting for mechanic. Geni arrived on Thursday afternoon, and exactly same thing happened. By this point we had noticed that immediately before cut out, there was an audible click from the multiplus. Since Thursday morning, the multiplus seems to be turning itself on and off randomly (when geni isn't running) so sometimes we have power to the house, sometimes not. With the batteries not able to be charged they are now nearly flat anyway, not enough solar to maintain them. An electrician came out on Friday, but he has gone away to research the system. I've spoken to the very helpful man who installed the system (the actual company has gone bankrupt) and from remote monitoring he thinks we need new Multiplus. Just wondered if anyone had any ideas other than multiplus failure? I'm not very technical minded, but we now have no power so relying on running geni straight to house. I have a niggling worry that if we replace multiplus it could be something else in the system that causes the multiplus failure. Geni seemed to be running fine apart from the cutting out. Thankyou

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.