question

frangar avatar image

VictronConnect Bluetooth pairing on macOS 12.1 aka Monterey broken?

Ive just upgraded to Mac OS 12.1 and VictronConnect is still not paring with devices it seems. Has victron registered the issue with Apple? As a developer its likely to have more clout than us as users. It would be really useful to get this sorted. Im using the Beta Test version of the connect app.

BluetoothmacOS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi @Frangar , and any one else. Indeed, unfortunately Bluetooth pairing with a new Victron device does not work on a Apple device running macOS v12, also known as Monterey.

We're working to fix that, and in touch with Apple about that. Progress on this is slow, there is no solution on the horizon at the moment; its a real difficult one to fix or work around without Apple themselves fixing something.

Note that there was another issue with Monterey, which was that VictronConnect crashed during connecting - which is solved in the latest VictronConnect version, 5.52, released a week ago.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ps. I'd like to use this thread as the main one for this issue, so its easy to find for anyone else running into this. So I cleaned the title up a bit and answers as well - hope that is ok!
Rob Fijn avatar image
Rob Fijn answered ·

Hi, I had no problem with 15.1 .. Now updating to 15.2 .. let see

Rob

2 |3000